Today I’m talking about a random skillet sensation that I threw together in a pinch. This turned out to be simply amazing and has managed to become one of our favorites rather quickly. The best part is the ingredients we already had on hand. If you’re looking to add a quick and family friendly recipe to the mix, this is for you.
- 1lb ground hamburger
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup red pepper jelly
- 1 cup spinach
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp brown sugar (we actually use palm sugar)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper to your liking
- Wash and peel sweet potatoes. Then cut in half and cube sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- In skillet, brown hamburger and chop it up. When finished cooking, set aside.
- Pour 2 Tbsp olive oil into skillet, turn skillet to medium heat. Pour cubed sweet potatoes into skillet.
- Add in all the seasonings while the sweet potatoes are cooking and stir.
- Cook sweet potatoes, they will be soft with a fork.
- Once potatoes are cooked, add hamburger back to the skillet. Stir to mix everything together.
- Add in 1 cup of spinach and red pepper jelly to the skillet. Mix together.
- When spinach turns a brighter green, turn off the skillet.
- Plate the meal and enjoy!!